Near Infrared/Red Light therapy has been FDA-approved to increase circulation and reduce pain. When applied to the skin, it has been shown in studies to help reduce or eliminate pain (acute or chronic) by stimulating:
- the release of nitric oxide which increases circulation, by dilating the blood vessels and creating new blood vessels, which speeds up the healing process of injuries/wounds, inflammatory processes and scar tissue.
- the production of collagen, a protein found in the body which is essential for repairing damaged tissue and maintaining strong connective tissues
- the production of ATP (energy molecule)
- lymphatic flow - decreasing swelling and eliminating toxins
- the vagus nerve which decreases inflammation, calms the mind and body, relaxes the muscles, improves digestion, mood and sleep.
- and so much more!
Click here for, the scientific studies behind it and to book a session (my sessions are private pay and not covered by MSP).